Burpee Basic Description: Lower the entire body to the ground (facing down) then stand up, jump and clap hands over head.
Performing the Burpee
- Start from a standing position
- Bend over and place both hands firmly on the ground in front of the feet
- Kick (or step) both feet back into a push-up position and lower the entire body to the ground. This is not a push-up.
- The chest and thighs need to make full contact with the ground
- Then extend the arms, lifting the chest and jump (or step) both feet in towards the chest
- Stand, jump (opening the hips fully) and clap hands behind the head while in the air