How it Works
What you need to do:
- Designing a Cover for Your Rock Climbing Journal
- With the cover designer you can tweak the colors, change the backgrounds, add clipart and quotes and import your own artwork/logos for your Rock Climbing Journal.
- For each element you can click on it or select it from the layers menu in order to re-size, color, rotate or otherwise modify it.
- If you have trouble, ask for help in the order notes and we will take what you have for your Rock Climbing Journal and make it look nice.
- If you don’t feel like purchasing first, send a screenshot of your cover and selections to [email protected] and we will create a proof for you first.
- Pick a Daily Log Page for Your Rock Climbing Journal
- This section allows you to choose the type of journal and page you want. You can preview the different types of pages by clicking on the blue links in the preview box
- If you want the right side of your journal spread to be different (lined page or nutrition tracking for example), you can check the box to preview those options
- We will send you a pdf of your journal and you can remove/edit pages as desired.
- Choose the Content for Your Rock Climbing Journal
- We have put together content bundles to make it easier to select commonly selected content.
- You can pick all of your own pages for your Rock Climbing Journal from our page library by selecting the build-a-journal option. Select one of the section checkboxes to see the available page options.
- Previews of each page are to the right when a section is selected.
- If there is a page we don’t have, feel free to email us to see if it’s in our catalog or can be created for you.
- Special Requests
- If you need a page, or want to modify one of our pages, let us know in the order notes section.
- This can include help with cover design, modifications to your daily page, adding a logo to your workout pages, creating custom info pages and more…
What we do when we receive your order:
- Tweak Your Cover – After checking what you created we bring your design into our pre-production software and tweak it if necessary to make it look great. We’ll send you a proof for approval.
- Compile your pages – We lay out your pages logically, info in the front, workouts in the middle, PR tables and benchmarks in the back. Then we send a pdf for you to review.
- Build Your Page – If you have a special request we’ll try and build it out for you.
- Email you – We will email you the digital proofs for your approval.
- Approve and Print – If all looks good we will print your journals and ship them out. Delivery generally takes about 10-14 days for US orders.
Your Rock Climbing Journal
Your improvement starts with your mind. Not your shoe, not your chalk, not your app. Your mind.
We believe in the power of your Rock Climbing Journal to express and distill that mind. From the goal freshly inked onto a piece of paper to the circled PR written under a hard workout.
Why? Because by writing, your Rock Climbing Journal harnesses the power of your mind. It easily records successes, failures, goals and workouts. It is designed for those workouts. Your journal is beautiful, durable and made to help you get faster.
Your Rock Climbing Journal Workout Pages
We’ve designed the workout page of your Rock Climbing Journal to record the most important aspects of your workout. Practice and Problems reign supreme, but there’s also plenty of space to record any cross-training.
The workout page includes room for recording the important metrics like water, sleep and nutrition.
By recording your workouts over time you are creating a valuable trove of data. This allows you to look back and see what you have completed and where you can improve.
It allows you to choose the right workouts for the right days and address problems before they become injuries.
Stay consistent and know yourself by recording your workouts every day!
Goal and Training Planning
Your next event is coming, or maybe you’re just preparing for the fall season. Either way, let’s get your head straight.
Without a training plan, you’re kind of hoping that everything goes well. That’s why we include a worksheet to help you get where you want to be.
With your Rock Climbing Journal training plan, you can train smartly towards your goals. When you don’t hit the numbers you need, you’ve got a plan to help revise your expectations.
However, when you blow past where your training numbers you should start considering which stars to shoot for.
Simply by writing your goals down, you increase the chance you will achieve those goals by over 40!!
Nutrition in Your Rock Climbing Journal
Good nutrition is the foundation of athletic performance, weight loss and health.
We’ve included a nutrition worksheet in your Rock Climbing Journal so you can come up with the best list of foods for you
By fueling yourself properly you will have more energy, be able to work longer, and focus harder.
Mobility for Climbers
Mobility is the act of stretching effectively for exercise. Mobility is unbelievably important to keeping yourself healthy as you train your muscles to work harder.
When something starts hurting or aching, lots of times it’s because your muscles have tightened up. That’s why we’ve included a mobility chart in your Rock Climbing Journal to help you identify and solve aches and pains.
Being proactive about mobility is vital to training safely and staying away from injury.
Progress – Personal Record Tables
While it’s important to record your workouts daily, it’s also important to record those moments when hit a new personal record!
By recording these PR’s in your Rock Climbing Journal you create a portfolio of your best performances which you can learn from. Then, by using our PR tracking tables you can go back to the specific date where you performed it.
Using that date, you can mine for clues and data from that week to help you get even more personal records.
It’s beyond important to record your best times and keep them in one spot so you can see your progression at a glance
Your Rock Climbing Journal Cover
Your cover of your Rock Climbing Journal should be beautiful. It should last, and it should represent you.
The Rock Climbing Journal cover is made of a highly durable synthetic paper. This allows us to print incredibly vivid and distinct designs based on your own artwork or ours.
We want your cover to represent you, your aesthetic, your aspirations and your dreams.
If there’s anything you want to change about your cover let us know in the order notes. We’ll do our best to make it the best, most perfect cover you can imagine.
If you want to pick every page, use the build a journal
I’m so glad I ordered this journal! The page layout has everything I need. It helps me remember to warmup properly and consider what I’m bringing mentally and physically to every session. The pages are thick enough not to let my felt pen bleed through. While the custom cover isn’t super thick it is durable and the benefit of the spiral binding is I can lay it flat and set it on the mats for easy access even when I have claw hands from climbing.
Its exactly as I imagined it to be. I was a little bit afraid because it became quite expensive with the transfer fees to europe. But I must say I’m happy I ordered my personalized journal!
Love the simple structure of the training log. Allows me to include all my climbing data with plenty of customization.
Just what I was looking for